A calorie counter provides an efficient and effective way of keeping track of your meals. Fortunately, you don’t need to make estimates anymore since there are many calorie counter apps. This article offers a review of Lose it! one of the best weight loss apps in the market.
Table of Contents
- Lose it!
- Key Features
- How Lose It! Works
- Additional Features
- Advantages of Lose It!
- Disadvantages of Lose it!
- Customer Reviews
This is an application that’s used to count calories and track weight. The fun and effective weight loss program belongs to FitNow Company which was founded in 2008. It’s a platform that makes it easier for dieters to track their wellness journey, get important tips, and join a community of other members.
- It’s all about numbers: members have lost over 50 million pounds, 10 million searchable food items and exercise tips, more than 25 health and macronutrient goals, 3 days average to track weight loss, and more than 74 percent of members have achieved their weight loss goals using Lose It!
- Has the “Snap It” feature that allows you to log in your food details by taking snaps
- Tracks calories as well as macronutrient, health, water, and body measurement goals
- Contains private challenges which can be done with friend and public challenges.
- Guidance on portion sizes for mindful eating
- Connects with other wellness apps and trackers including Misfit trackers, Withings scales, Fitbit trackers, Google Fit, Fitbit Scales, and many others.
- Insights on meal planning including food and snack customization.
How Lose It! Works
Lose It! is one of the best weight loss apps in the market. The user-friendly app is mainly focused on helping users to count calories and track their weight. For starters, you need to create a profile by entering your date of birth, current weight, height, and gender. This app will then generate your daily calorie needs and customize your weight loss plan.
Once you have established your weight loss and diet plan, you need to log in your food intake. Note that Lose It! has a comprehensive food database that contains more than 7 million food varieties. The database also has food items from brands and restaurants. Additionally, there is a barcode scanner which can be used to add new food to your log.
Lose It! usually saves food that you take frequently. So, you can easily select them from the food list whenever you consume them. Besides that, you will get daily and weekly reports regarding your calorie intake. In case you want to check your weight loss progress, Lose It! will present this information in the form of a graph.
Lose It! is a unique app that comes with the “Snap It” feature. This is a simple and convenient feature that allows dieters to track their food intake as well as portion sizes by just taking pictures of their meals. Research studies show that taking food pictures can significantly help dieters to accurately track their portion sizes. It is also beneficial in observing and analyzing your dietary trends. All these aspects are important in enhancing the weight loss process.
With Lose It! app, you can participate in private or public challenges with close friends and other community members. Lose It! has amazing vegetable and fruit challenges as well as exercise challenges which can help you to quickly attain your weight loss goals
Using Lose It! means that you will get an opportunity to join a community of other like-minded people. You will be able to participate in challenges, ask questions, and share information with the members of the community.
Lose it! contains additional features that you can utilize if you have a free account. You can use the app to add your close friends or observe your weight loss reports. You can use it to back up all your data online and there is an area which you can use to record your daily weight. This allows you to get a clear overview of your weight loss journey.
Advantages of Lose It!
- It provides a personalized daily calorie intake
- Offers dieting tips that are customized to your wellness needs
- It’s a tracker that monitors your moves and meals
- Has a massive food database for convenience
- Easy to use and sign up
- Can be synced with other wellness apps
Disadvantages of Lose it!
- This app does not keep a track of minerals and vitamins in meals that you eat
- Its food database doesn’t have meals from some of the most popular brands
- Most impressive features are found on premium which requires a subscription fee.
Although Lose It! doesn’t offer dieters the willpower they need in order to lose extra pound, using it to keep calorie count and record exercise log can help you to lose weight. The program which has a total of 4-star rating has proved to be a hit with dieters, especially those who want to lose or maintain their weight.
Lose it! is an app that works with devices which run on Android and iOS platforms including iPhone, iPod, iPad etc. The calorie counter is rated as one of the best weight loss apps in the market thanks to its versatility in addition to a wide range of functional features. This intuitive app allows you to budget your food, write meal plans, track your calories, and analyze your weight loss journey.