One of the best ways to track the level of your activity is by wearing a smart device. Smartwatches have proved to be effective devices, especially for health and fitness. Fitbit products are some of the most popular fitness trackers and outlined below are some of the best Fitbit in 2019.
Table of Contents
- Key Features
- Best Fitbit Products
This is a family of fitness products that are designed to help users attain their weight loss and wellness goals. Fitbit products are made by Fitbit Inc. a company that was founded in 2007. The activity trackers allow you to stay motivated and track activities such as weight, sleep, exercises and more.
- There is more than one type of FitBit app but all of them have basic features which include:
- Using GPS to track physical activities such as hiking, running, and walking.
- Taking activity logs such as workouts and yoga.
- Taking food logs for calories and nutrients
- Wireless sync you’re Fitbit Alta HR, Blaze, Charge HR, Charge 2, Alta, Flex 2, One, Flex, Zip, Aria, and Surge with Android devices.
- Tracks heart-rate all day
- Allows you to arrange daily or weekly competition with friends and compare stats.
The Best Fitbit Products
Fitbit products are designed to work by tracking activities. Just like some of the best weight loss apps in the market, these products offer important tips on how to eat and sleep better, get active, and manage weight. There is more than one type of Fitbit device and they include:
It’s a sleek smartwatch that lifestyle-friendly. Fitbit Versa can be used to track activities such as walking, swimming, running, jogging etc. The premium device has a small and compact design which makes it comfortable to wear around. It comes with Fitbit Pay and onboard storage for music and data files.
- Compact and sleek
- Clear, bright screen
- Passive notifications
- No inbuilt GPS system
This is a powerful smartwatch that has an in-built GPS system. Ionic is lightweight and comfortable for running. The exercise and activity tracker is one of the top-end models from Fitbit. It has a contactless payment system and onboard storage space.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Can track various activities including sleep
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Has few apps
- Its OS gets occasionally slow
Fitbit Charge 3
It’s rated as the best tracker from Fitbit. Charge 3 has an attractive design with fancy whistles and bells. It’s one of the most expensive fitness trackers and it suitable for a variety of lifestyles. The water-resistant device can be used during swimming.
- Amazing battery life
- Beautiful, impressive design
- Some Fitbit Charge 3 devices don’t have the in-built GPS system
- Quite expensive
Fitbit Alta HR
This is an updated Fitbit Alta device that is rated as the best-looking smartwatch. Alta HR is perfect for tracking activities including the heart rate. Alta HR offers the basic smartphone notifications and it has an OLED display that makes it easier to view your personal statistics.
- Sleek and attractive design
- Long battery life
- Its display screen can sometimes be unresponsive
- Doesn’t have a connected GPS
It’s a water-resistant smartphone that has a durable design. Surge is an automatic exercise tracker that can be used to monitor all-day activities, sleep, and receive smartphone notifications. It has the ability to accurately track pace and distance, giving users detailed biometric results.
- Accurate and quick GPS tracking that makes it suitable for cyclist and runners
- Durable and water resistant
- Its battery life is below average
- An unattractive design
- Doesn’t offer consistency when it comes to tracking sleep
It’s a child-friendly smartwatch that focuses on the number of calories burned. Ace is a beautiful and comfortable wear that’s safety conscious. The showerproof device is made for children aged 8 years or older and it’s used to track active minutes, steps, and sleep among others.
- Light and beautiful
- Long-lasting battery life
- Might too big for small kids
- The display is sometimes unresponsive
- Lacks the heart-rate monitor
Fitbit are excellent fitness trackers that can be used for a wide range of activities including monitoring sleeping habits, walking pace, heart rate, and workouts among others. Customer reviews indicate that this iconic brand has various affordable smartwatches that are suitable for different users.
If you are looking for an expensive smartwatch that will offer you the value for your money, go for Fitbit Versa or alternatively Fitbit Charge 3. Fitness enthusiasts including runners should use Fitbit Ionic while those who are looking for stylish trackers should sample Fitbit Alta HR. Fitbit Ace is great for kids who want to keep fit while swimmers, cyclists, and runners can try the durable and water-resistant Fitbit Surge.
The best type of Fitbit smartwatch simply depends on your needs as well as budget. However, all of them are designed to suit the needs of hardcore athletes as well as avid gym goers and fitness enthusiasts. So, whatever Fitbit device you choose, be assured that it has a smart functionality.