If you are trying to lose weight or lower your BMI, you definitely need an app that can assist you to hit your goals. Weight loss apps are designed with features that help you to learn vital tips, keep track of your journey, and offer motivation. MyFitnessPal App is one of the best weight loss apps in the market and outlined below is its review.
A Brief About MyFitnessPal App
This is an application that helps users to lose weight, tone up, and change their habits. The smartphone application and website tracks exercise and diet in order to determine the best caloric intake for different users. Released in 2005 by MyFitnessPal Inc. this app uses gamification elements to offer the right motivation.
Key Features of the MyFitnessPal App
- Contains features for food and exercise tracking
- Massive food and exercise database with over 11 million items
- Customized profile for a better user experience
- Track all your nutrients including macros and calories
- Newsfeed for updates including accomplishments
- Has a community group for support and motivation
How MyFitnessPal App Works for Weight Loss
This is one of the best weight loss apps in the market that can be used to change your eating habits. The calorie counter allows you to log in to your personal details and provides customized wellness insights. The app’s homepage provides users with a clear picture of the number of calories they have consumed in a day. Furthermore, it shows the recommended intake and the number of calories burned while exercising.
This app has an extensive nutrition database that has more than 5 million different types of foods which include international dishes and cuisines. The food database has all the information that you need about food products from different brands as well as restaurants.
You can download recipes on the web and create your own personal recipes. Additionally, the MyFitnessPal app allows you to create a personalized meal plan where you can make your own healthier food choices. For convenience, its barcode scanner allows you to quickly enter the nutrition information of various packaged foods. This scanner can recognize over 4 million food packages.
Note that once you have logged in your food intake, this app generates reports in the form of a pie chart. It provides a breakdown of the number of calories you have consumed in a day including protein, carb, and fat. The advantage of using MyFitnessPal app is that you can easily sync it with more than 50 tracking apps and devices for fitness including HealthKit, Garmin, Strava, MapMyFitness, Fitbit, and Misfit among others.
MyFitnessPal tracks your overall wellness progress. It allows you to create your own goals including exercise, macro, and calorie goals. You can log in to your cardio exercises, strength exercises, and track your steps. In addition to that, it provides you with the necessary support that you need in order to change your eating habit and overall lifestyle. Using MyFitnessPal is like walking around with your nutrition coach right in the palms of your hands.
Advantages of MyFitnessPal App
- Provides dieters with insights regarding their nutrient intake per meal.
- MyFitnessPal tracks all nutrients including calories, sugar, cholesterol, macros, fiber, sugar, and others.
- Gives users an overview of their daily recommended calorie intake and how far away they are from the target.
- It syncs with a variety of apps and tracking devices, allowing users to conveniently share information.
- You are allowed to customize your food diary i.e. you can create your own meals and recipes.
- Helps you to track the amount of water you have consumed in a day
- You can add your friends to this app for support and accountability.
Disadvantages of MyFitnessPal App
- Although it’s available in a free version, the premium version which has many features requires an annual subscription fee of $49.99 annually.
- The nutrition information of various foods and recipes found in the database may be incorrect. This is because most of them are usually entered by other MyFitnessPal app users.
- The large food database has multiple nutrition options for one item. You, therefore, need to be very keen in order to choose the best or correct food item.
- It’s not very easy to adjust the food servings on this app.
MyFitnessPal app is a popular program that has received numerous positive reviews. It has a total of a 4.5-star rating, making it one of the most sought-after applications in the weight loss industry. Millions of people globally have attributed this program to their healthy BMI, thanks to its realistic and user-friendly features.
MyFitnessPal offers people who are struggling with weight problems an easier way to learn, track, and improve. The app acts like a food diary and a nutrition coach that you can carry in your pocket and use wherever you are. It provides users with an easier way to stay motivated and gain support from other like-minded people. MyFitnessPal app connects with more than 50 apps, providing an easier way of sharing information and obtaining support for a healthier lifestyle.