A laptop is much more than just a computer. It’s an entertainment system, a social connector, an education hub, and a business enabler among other things. Laptops have become essential devices. They are needed for school work, businesses, watching movies, streaming music, browsing social media, etc. They are available in a wide range of prices depending on specs and the manufacturer. This article offers an overview of the best budget laptops that offer powerful performance.
Overview of Best Budget Laptops
Although most people usually go for high-end and expensive laptops, you will be surprised at how effective budget laptops are. Note that these devices are not poorly made, knock-offs, or second-hand models. They are brand new devices that are just sold at affordable prices. Most budget laptops cost less than $600 and they can go to as low as $250.
How to Get the Best Laptop for the Lowest Price
Electronics brands are constantly competing to outdo each other by releasing quality products that are affordable. Currently, it’s easy to get a decent laptop for $500 or less. You can pick a versatile Windows 10 that’s efficient enough to handle demanding professional work or school work. Besides that, you can find powerful hybrid systems as well as Chromebooks for less than $400. However, you must be willing to compromise. Do you want a gadget with a 13-inch touchscreen? Then be prepared to deal with a keyboard that’s not backlit. Do you want a portable and lightweight laptop? Well, you must be prepared to deal with short battery life. Some of the features that you should look at include:
- Processor: Intel Celeron, Atom, and Pentium are some of the best processors. They are perfect for web browsing as well as handling basic activities without slowing down.
- Ports: A budget laptop needs to have at least two USB 2.0 ports and a USB 3.0 port. There should also be an HDMI port and USB-C port.
- Connectivity: It should use the 802.11 ac protocol
- Storage and Memory: A 4GB RAM is just perfect with either 16 GB or 32 GB local storage.
- Battery: an ideal budget-friendly laptop needs to have at least 6 cells and a battery life of not less than five hours.
Top 5 Best Budget Laptops Available on the Market
There are various brands that have laptops that are not only cheap but also effective in terms of performance. These gadgets are designed with the latest specs and are suitable for students on a tight budget as well as professionals. Outlined below is a review of some of the best budget laptops on the market.
Asus Transformer Mini (T102HA-D4-GR)
This is a versatile 2-in-1 device that can function as a laptop and tablet. Asus Transformer Mini (T102HA-D4-GR) provides an amazing Windows 10 experience thanks to its stunning features and quality design. The lightweight and the portable laptop is built with a magnesium-aluminum alloy that guarantees durability.
- A 2-in-1 device that can be used as a tablet and laptop
- Has a 12-hour battery life of video playback
- An X5-Z8350 processor plus a 4GB RAM for efficient and timely performance
- Lightweight, durable, and portable gadget that’s made with aluminum-magnesium alloy. It weighs 1.7 lbs. and 0.6” thick.
- Has an inbuilt Bluetooth V4.1.
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with a stylus and keyboard cover
- Has a convenient smart-hinge design
- Offers a clearer and brighter watching experience
- Its keyboard is somehow quirky
- Lacks USB-C port
Note: Asus Transformer mini-review shows that this laptop offers outstanding performance. The ultra-slim keyboard and all-day battery life enhance usability as well as productivity. With a 128 GB of Flash Storage and Intel Quad-Core processor, this is one of the best budget-friendly laptops on the market.
HP Chromebook x2
This HP Chromebook x2 gadget has the “full personality” of a powerful and efficient laptop. Chromebook X2 ‘s specs in terms of performance will definitely change the way you browse, store files, watch movies, listen to music, transfer files, and multi-task among others. It’s one of the best budget laptops on the market that’s ready to transform your productivity.
- 32 GB eMMC storage, 4 GB RAM, and Intel HD graphics 615
- A powerful Chromebook that runs on a dual-core Intel Core M3 processor.
- Has a magnetic hinge with a detachable design
- Active pen and app-friendly touchscreen
- Designed for entertainment- has access to google play apps, ultra-bright Corning Gorilla Glass Display, B& O play audio as well as rear and front-facing cameras
- Suitable for visual and audio entertainment
- Can detach and adapt to different display designs
- Convenient and user-friendly compared to other laptops which have kickstands
- Quite expensive
- The keyboard isn’t backlit
Note: From the HP Chromebook x2 review above, it’s clear that this is an elegant and powerful gadget that offers powerful performance. But even though it has the latest design features, this model is quite expensive compared to other laptops in the same range.
Acer Chromebook Spin 11
It’s a versatile laptop with a military-grade type of durability. Acer Chromebook Spin 11 review shows that this device is designed with the latest Wacom technology which offers accurate and unsurpassed usability in capturing every subtle detail. Chromebook Spin 11 comes with high-level specs that allow you to maximize your productivity. Its durable and portable design makes it easier for users to meet their daily needs. The laptop is suitable for students as well as professionals.
- Runs on Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core processor
- 32 GB internal storage and 4GB DDR4 memory
- 10-hour battery life
- Has a 360-degree angle of conversion
- Brilliant HD touch display with 1MP front camera and 5MP rear camera
- Spill–resistant keyboard with a unique drainage system
- In-built stereo speakers
- Widescreen with LED-backlit IPS display
- The rugged military-grade design is suitable for school use
- Comes with two USB-C and two USB 3.0 ports
- The keyboard is snappy and spill-resistant
- Low–resolution screen
- Its compatibility with android isn’t seamless
Note: Acer Chromebook Spin 11 is a budget-friendly laptop that’s designed with the latest technology. It runs on Chrome OS, comes with stylus input, and has a spill-resistant keyboard among others. It’s one of the top-rated Chromebooks and it’s suitable for kids.
Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14 2-in-1 (7486)
This 2-in-1 laptop is not just elegant. Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14 2-in-1 (7486) review shows that this gadget has a seamless integration of performance, security, and design. The entertainment laptop is suitable for gamers and multimedia enthusiasts.
- Runs on 8th gen Intel Core processors i.e. i3-8130U.
- 128 GB eMMC Storage and 4 GB RAM
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 with Bluetooth 4.0
- Backlit keyboards and inbuilt webcam
- A 360-degree flip & fold design
- Suitable for multitasking thanks to the large storage space and big memory
- Has an HDMI output that is suitable for expanding viewing options.
- Full-HD 14-inch touch screen that allows for hands-on control
- Stylish and sturdy
- Comfortable and ergonomic backlit keyboard
- Its touchpad produces a loud click
- Lacks the cable lockdown slot
Note: Dell Inspiron Chromebook delivers premium performance. The 2-in-1 laptop has the latest features and runs on Chrome OS. However, its main downfall is battery life which is less than 9.5 hours.
Lenovo 500e Chromebook Review
Lenovo 500e Chromebook is a 2-in-1 device that has been military-tested for its durability. The colorful laptop has a rugged chassis and a long-lasting battery for better productivity. Lenovo 500e Chromebook is a cheap and versatile laptop that offers decent performance, especially for students who have decent workloads.
- Intel Celeron N34507 Processor, 32 GB Storage, and 4GB RAM
- Island-style keyboard with a bland design
- 360-degree hinges which allow the transformation of the laptop from the notebook to tablet and vice versa
- A lightweight and portable device that weighs 3 pounds.
- Has two USB Type-C port and two USB 3.0 port
- It produces deep audio and bright visuals
- Durable design and above-average battery life
- Comes with a spill-resistant keyboard
- The touchpad and keyboard which can be uncomfortable
- Its display can be glaring
- Lacks HDMI ports
Note: this is a great low-budget laptop with convertible design. It’s suitable for classroom use as well as other professionals. However, it has a low-resolution screen with no HDMI port.
You can still get the best PCs even if you are on a low budget. All you have to do is to check the specs. Ensure that the PC you end up choosing can efficiently handle your day-to-day tasks without slowing down. The above-mentioned laptops are some of the best on the market currently and they are not only cheap but also have the latest upgraded features
Final Thoughts on Best Budget Laptops
In the current world setting, Laptops have become essential gadgets. But even if you are on a tight budget, you can still get a decent device that you can use to enhance the productivity of your professional work, school work, or entertainment. Make sure that you search for a device that has the latest specs for seamless data transfer, storage, and browsing.