There are thousands of weight loss apps and not all of them are effective. What sets apart the best weight loss apps in the market are their features and simple user interface. Spark People is one of the top-rated wellness applications that incorporates functional and beautiful features. Outlined below is an updated review of Spark People, including the advantages and disadvantages.
Table of Contents
- Spark People
- Key Feature
- How Spark People App Works
- Spark People Community
- Advantages of Spark People
- Disadvantages of Spark People
Spark People is an app that allows you to take your first step towards a healthier life. The calorie counter and diet tracker is an effective personal coach that offers a healthy diet and effective exercise tips you can use to attain your weight loss goals. The program which was launched in 2001 by SparkPeople has grown to be one of the most sought-after online programs. It’s user-friendly, convenient, insightful, and offers detailed tips on how diet and exercises can promote wellness. The genius behind this program is that it doesn’t bring anything new to the table but it rather uses pre-existing information to offer guidance.
- Diet and food tracker app with the largest food database. Spark People has over than 3.5 million tracked foods.
- A calorie counter that acts as a fitness tracker. It makes monitoring workouts and counting calories easier.
- It’s a versatile diet program that’s suitable for a number of diets including vegan and keto diet.
- Has a diet calculator that can be used to calculate nutrients such as carbs, calories, fat, fiber, protein, and cholesterol among others.
- Allows you to plan your meals ahead, making your lifestyle easier.
- Can be integrated with other devices and fitness apps.
How Spark People App Works
This is an effective and one of the best weight loss apps in the market. Spark People is a carb counting and fitness tracking tool that offers details of exercise demos and calorie charts. With a database of over 3.5 million foods, this app offers easy food lookup, providing calorie highlights.
The fitness and diet tracker allows users to track their workouts and count the number of calories burned. Spark People tracks both cardio and strength thanks to its simple search functions such as reps, sets, weight, and reps. The calorie calculator is great for counting carbs and tracking macros.
Spark People has a flexible diet program that fits the keto diet, vegan diet, no carb diet, and 1200-calorie diet. Its large food database provides calorie and nutritional information. Additionally, you can save foods which you frequently consume on the food log. Its calorie and nutrition calculator can be used to find nutrient content such as cholesterol, fiber, fat, carbs, proteins, and calories among others.
To ensure the dieter keeps fit, Spark People has hundreds of exercise demonstrations the cardio and strength exercises offer insights on how to tone up and avoid common exercise injuries. Note that all demons in Spark People are done by licensed trainers.
Spark People allows you to share information with other fitness apps. You can connect it to Jawbone UP, Google Fit, Garmin, Runkeeper, Fitbit, and others. Besides that, it can be integrated with other devices such as tablets and computers.
Spark People Library and Community
This calorie counter doesn’t just offer personalized meal planning and exercise demos. Users are guaranteed all the essential support that they need in order to attain their weight loss goals. SparkPeople.com has a massive library about fitness videos and healthy living articles which you can use to equip yourself. The program also has a great community where you can get all the necessary support. Basically, this app helps you to effectively attain your wellness goals while having fun and interacting with others.
Advantages of Spark People
- Offers fitness or exercise support
- Provides overall wellness insights including the best nutrient-rich food varieties
- Has educational tools plus a large library that contains healthy living articles
- Comes with a calorie counter and other diagnostic tools to calculate the base metabolic rate, weight, calories, age etc.
- Thousands of verified recipes
- Notification reminders to ensure that you attain your weight goals right on time
- Offers emotional support
Disadvantages of Spark People
- Spark People website is time-consuming to navigate
- The food tracker is too bulky. Besides that, it lacks basic foods such as salad
- The fitness tracker has a limited data entry option
User reviews shows that Spark People is an effective weight loss app. The calorie-counter’s large food database as well as workout demos has proved to be popular with dieters. However, there are some people who have reported confusion when using the website but the latest features make it more navigable.
This diet tracker and calorie counter acts like a lifestyle coach. It offers customized meal plans and workout demos which will help you plan your diet and track your food consumption. In a world where there are deceptive wellness regimens, Spark People has managed to remain one of the best weight loss apps in the market that’s effective and practical.